Who we are
What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your name and email address if you contact us using the ‘contact us’ page on our website www.autoserveclub.co.uk
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts.
- How you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on.
- Data that identifies computers or other devices you use to connect to the internet. This will include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used.
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques.
- If you or your business takes out one of our memberships we will also require your name, residential and/or business address, contacts details such as email addresses and phone numbers, financial data for Direct Debit purposes and your vehicle details.
The legal basis for processing this data is to perform a task in the public interest that is set out in law and is statute based.
Why we need it
If you or your business takes out one of our services we require your data in order to:
- Fulfil our legitimate interest.
- Manage our relationship with you or your business.
- Develop new ways to meet our customers’ needs and to grow our business.
- Develop and carry out marketing activities.
- Some offers we promote are affiliate links and we get paid for purchases you make with select partners when you click via our website.
- For google ads and re-marketing purposes.
- For google analytic purposes.
- Study how customers use products and services from us and other organisations.
- Provide advice and or guidance about our products and services.
- Develop and manage our brands, products and services.
- Test new products or services.
- Manage how we work with other companies that provide services to us and our customers.
- Deliver our products and services.
- Make and manage customer payments.
- Manage fees, charges and interest due on customer accounts.
- Collect and recover money that is owed to us.
- Manage and provide treasury and investment products and services.
- Manage risks for us and our customers.
- Obey laws and regulations that apply to us.
- Respond to complaints and seek to resolve them.
- Run our business in an efficient and proper way. This includes managing our financial position, business capability, planning, communications, and audit.
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it.
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts.
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to.
- Send email alerts to users who request them.
- Allow members a log-in section of our website to gain access to offers.
We also use Google Analytics and Ads software to collect information about how you use www.autoserveclub.co.uk. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements. We use Google Ads to re-marketing our website to visitors.
Google Analytics and Ads stores information about:
- The pages you visit on www.autoserveclub.co.uk
- How long you spend on each of our website pages.
- How you got to the site (referrals).
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site.
From a simple visit to our website, we do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
If while visiting our website you complete our ‘contact us’ form we will ask for your name, and email address. This is to ensure that we can contact you to respond to your question/feedback.
What we do with your data
We do not share the information we collect from you if you are simply visiting our website or complete our ‘contact us’ form.
If you commence a membership with Autoserve Club Ltd the data we collect may be shared with our selected partners, but only with your permission. For example this may include our accident management partner, if you are involved in a vehicle accident.
There may be occasions when we will share your details with our selected partners, but only with your permission. For example this may include our accident management partner, if you are involved in an accident and vehicle garages if you contact us to book your vehicle in for a discounted vehicle service. The information we will share will include your name, vehicle registration and that you are a customer of Autoserve’s. We do also share your contact details with our garage network and Direct Debit service provider.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties.
- Share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
We may monitor or record any telephone calls for both security and employee training purposes.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- It is needed for the purposes set out in this document.
- The law requires us to.
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 18 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 18.
Where your data is processed, stored and how we keep it secure
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom
We will take all steps, which are reasonably necessary, to ensure that your data is treated securely, including taking the following safeguards:
- Where documents containing personal information are in paper form for an interim period, they are stored in secure lockable desks and cupboards.
- Paper documents are disposed of by shredding in a manner that ensures confidentiality.
- We use up-to-date and industry standard firewall and encryption software technology.
- Google ads will only store your data for up to 30 days.
Transmitting information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, the security of your personal data transmitted to use cannot be guaranteed. Any transmission is at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility under data protection laws.
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data is processed.
- A copy of that personal data.
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately.
You can also:
- Raise an objection about how your personal data is processed.
- Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it.
- Ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.
Links to other websites
www.autoserveclub.co.uk does contain links and affiliate links to other websites. Due to this cookies will be used in order to track any purchases you make on the back of clicking on an offer on our website. This is simply how affiliate links work, this will not track any of your personal data but will let us know if any of our members have followed an offer link and have bought from our suppliers for commission purposes.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to www.autoserveclub.co.uk from another website
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, Autoserve Club Ltd will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- Have any questions about anything in this document.
- Think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled.
Data Protection Officer
Autoserve Club Ltd, Unit 2, St.Kenelm Court, Steelpark Road, Halesowen, B62 8HD.
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.