What is an HPI Check®?
An HPI Check is a vehicle check provided by HPI Ltd that scrutinises the history of any motorised vehicle registered in the UK including cars, vans and motorbikes. The HPI Check Report will alert you to any worrying information held against the vehicle by finance and insurance companies, the DVLA, the Police and other industry bodies. The HPI Check is probably the most important check you will do before buying a used car and should be your first line of defence against vehicle fraud.
What is included in an an HPI Check®?
- – Number of previous owners
- – Any outstanding finance highlighted
- – Has the vehicle been recorded as stolen?
- – Insurance write-off?
- – Recorded as scrapped?
- – Logbook check
- – Mileage discrepancies
- – Number plate changes
- – Imported / exported
- – Vehicle valuation
- – Estimated fuel cost
- – VIN / Chassis check
- – MOT History check
Why the HPI Check® is the best vehicle history check service in the UK
Not all car history checks are created equal
- – The HPI Check report is a fully comprehensive vehicle check, arming you with vital information about the car you want to buy to protect you from motoring scams and fraud
- – HPI uses cutting edge technology to ensure you get accurate and up-to-date information.
- – Their experience and expertise is unparalleled; they pioneered the vehicle check back in 1938, and have protected millions of car buyers from fraud.
- – Have a dedicated team of experts available 7 days a week to take your call.
- Get peace of mind with a car history check you can trust
- The HPI Check report is a fully comprehensive vehicle check
- HPI uses cutting edge technology to ensure you get accurate and up-to-date information.
- Dedicated team of experts
Important: Beware of imitation car checker services that claim to offer car checks for free. Any company offering a free HPI Check will not be providing you with the genuine article. You can only get an Official HPI Check® from HPI®.
Read genuine feedback from members who have purchased and used this product:
Where does the data come from?
- Finance Houses
- Insurance Companies
- National Mileage Register
- Industry Bodies
- Police Records
What type of information does a HPI Check NOT provide?
Your HPI Check will not provide information on every accident a vehicle has been in. Accident damage is only identified where an insurance company has registered the vehicle as a write-off.
Your HPI Check will not provide any details on the service history of a vehicle. Your HPI Check will not assess the mechanical condition of a vehicle. You will require an independent inspection of a vehicle.
Your HPI Check will not provide any details if the vehicle has been stolen and recovered unless there are outstanding interests or the vehicle was subject to being written off as a total loss by the insurer.
Here is the total score for the offer based on customer reviews. Below is how the offer rates in the different areas for which it can be rated, including the customer experience at the offer website.