What Is Tyre & Alloy Wheel Insurance?
It’s likely we’ve all been there… that notable “rumble” or the alarm on the dashboard alerting you to the fact you have a flat tyre. What’s gone wrong now? How badly damaged is the tyre? Is it going to be repairable or will you have to suffer the expense of a whole new tyre? Moreover, what if it’s not just the tyre that needs attention… is the alloy wheel ok too?
Separately, what if you’re parking your car and you hear that only too telling scraping noise of your alloy wheel making contact with the kerb? How unsightly will the damage be and how much is that going to cost to repair?
Tyre Insurance is designed to cover the cost of repairing or (subject to a maximum contribution of up to £150, £300 or £450 per tyre) replacing up to four tyres fitted to your vehicle and one spare tyre. It’s available for 12, 24, 36 or 48 month durations and permits up to 5 claims throughout the policy duration.
Alloy Wheel insurance is designed to cover the cost of cosmetic repairs to minor scuffs and scrapes of your alloy wheels. In the event the alloy wheel is damaged beyond a point whereby a reasonable cosmetic repair can be carried out, the policy will pay a maximum of £150 (inc’ VAT) towards the replacement of your alloy. It’s available for 12, 24, or 36 months and permits 3, 6 or 9 claims respectively).
- 10% discount for Autoserve Club members
- No excess to pay
- Choose to over either or both the tyres and alloys
Read genuine feedback from members who have purchased and used this product:
Straight forward and easy transaction. Compared to other sites they explained the product much better.
Outstanding value compared to the dealership sky high prices
There is NO excess payable per claim on either policy but there IS an initial 14 day period within which a claim cannot be made.
Tyre and Alloy Wheel Repair Insurance is available:
- To an individual who has purchased or leased an eligible vehicle and who are resident in mainland Britain.
- For vehicles purchased within the last 60 days that are under 10 years old and have covered fewer than 100,000 miles at the start of the policy
- Where the tyres fitted to the car have a minimum of 2mm tread depth across the full tread of the tyre.
- Where the wheels fitted to the car are of the original manufacturers specification and are not diamond or laser cut, of split rim construction or polished (chromed) finish
Yes, Tyre & Alloy Wheel Insurance can be bought independently without the need to purchase a GAP Insurance policy.
Tyre insurance protects you against the unforeseen costs of having to replace or repair the tyres on your vehicle prematurely, as a result of accidental damage, puncture or malicious damage by a third party, resulting in the sudden and unforeseen deflation of a tyre of for side wall damage that does not immediately lead to sudden deflation provided that the tyre is deemed illegal by UK MOT testing standards, subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions as detailed in the policy document. This policy has a maximum claim limit per tyre of either £150, £300 or £450 including VAT, subject to the level of cover purchased. Should the cost of the replacement tyre exceed the maximum claim limit per tyre, you will be reimbursed up to the maximum claim limit. Please note this policy is not transferable to another person or vehicle.
The supplier will pay for a maximum of three (3) claims on a one year policy, six (6) claims on a two year policy or nine (9) claims on a three year policy – subject to duration of cover that you purchase. Should the alloy wheel be damaged beyond a point whereby a reasonable cosmetic repair can be carried out, the policy will contribute a maximum amount of £150 including VAT towards the replacement of the alloy wheel. Each alloy wheel repair will be treated as a separate claim – e.g. if you accidentally damage two of your alloy wheels, this will count as two repairs during the Period of insurance.
- Wear and tear, including any unevenly worn tyres caused by defective steering geometry outside manufacturer’s recommended limits, or wheel balance; failure of a suspension component or shock absorber or which in the opinion of a qualified engineer was caused wholly or partly from a lack of maintenance e.g. incorrect tyre pressure.
- More than five tyre claims in the period of insurance.
- Any vehicle which is 10 years or older from the date of manufacture, or where the total mileage is greater than 100,000, at the start of the period of insurance.
- Where your vehicle is used as an emergency vehicle, taxi, or bus, for competition, including track days, racing, pace-making, hire or reward, off road use (including all Quadbikes), driving school, transportation of goods, delivery, courier, public service vehicles or designed to carry more than eight people including the driver.
- Vehicles over 3500kg GVW or motorcycles, scooters or mopeds
- Any claim where at the time of damage the tyre tread depth is less than 2mm across the full tread area of the tyre. If one or more of your tyres is damaged and the tread depth is less than 2mm across the full legal width, your claim will not be paid.
- Theft of tyres or alloys
- Where cover was purchased more than 60 days after taking delivery of the vehicle.
- If the alloy wheels are after-market fitment or not of original specification for the vehicle
- General wear and tear, corrosion, pitting, discolouration, tar staining, neglect or a defect which is not deemed as resulting from accidental damage.
- Damage present on an alloy wheel prior to the commencement of the policy
- Alloy wheel(s) which are diamond or laser cut, of split rim construction or with a polished (chromed) finish
- Damage to your alloy wheels caused by fitting or changing a tyre or wheel
- Any act or omission which is wilful or unlawful
- Where the vehicle is located outside of the geographical limit of this policy
- Failure of the approved repairer to match the cosmetic finish or any other alloy wheel on the vehicle.
These are examples of the main exclusions. For complete details please refer to the supplier’s policy document.
Here is the total score for the offer based on customer reviews. Below is how the offer rates in the different areas for which it can be rated, including the customer experience at the offer website.
- Peace of mind insurance
- UK market leading provider
- Good claims handling reviews